Guide to Change the Headlight Bulbs on 86 Dodge Charger
Without tools, you can remove and replace the headlight on your 1986 Dodge Charger. The Dodge Charger, like most current vehicles, uses a pair of halogen bulbs for car headlight and can be replaced by a canbus 9007 led headlight bulb. The most important thing to remember is not to touch the bulb body of the new bulb when installing it. Oil and alkaline in our skin can compromise the life of a led car light bulb or completely ruin it.
Many modern cars feature led lights, these led bulbs consist of more components. This can help to increase visibility in poor weather conditions. The light would throwback at the reflector.
- Release the cover latch and open the hood to Dodge Charger.
- Locate the two L-shaped fastening bolts on the top of the headlight assembly. Turn the top of the pins to release them from the plastic locks and lift them one at a time. This result will unlock the headlight assembly.
- Gently pull the headlight forward, being careful not to scratch the paint on the bumper.
- Disconnect the plugged-in cable at the back of the burnt bulb.
- Turn the light bulb retaining ring a quarter turn to the left to unlock the old bulb. Please insert the new led bulb into the front of the retaining ring and place it in the headlight mounting hole. Turn the ring a quarter turn to the right to lock in place.
- Connect the cable back to the bulb. This step would be a good time to turn on the ignition key and turn on the headlights to make sure the bulb is working properly.
- Reinsert the headlight assembly into the cavity and replace the retaining pins to secure the assembly in place. Turn the heads of the pins to re-enclose them in the plastic locks.
Tips and warnings
The lighting equipment includes headlights, brake lights and everything light upon the car. They are generally type-approved in connection with the associated bulbs in order to install in a vehicle. The true ECE Approved led headlight can not be found in the aftermarket, because they are required to get verified with the headlight.
If you do not know when to use the high beam, it is better to turn them off. Light up the low beam, you can use legally at any time of the night or day without damaging other drivers. And when you notice your headlight starts to get dimmer and dimmer, consider upgrading your headlights to LED, that is an easy way to do it.